Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Turkey Taco Pasta Salad

I am ALWAYS on the go...and this recipe is quick and easy and my family and I just LOVE it!
I save any leftovers and it's lunch the next day....it even tastes great cold!

Serves 4  Prep time about 20 minutes

1 box of tri color pasta (I like to use Rotelle or Rotini)
1 lb of lean ground turkey ( I usually use the ground turkey breast...it's a little bit more expensive but worth it)
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp Taco seasoning mix
4 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
4 Tbsp low fat shredded cheddar cheese.

1.  Boil water and prepare pasta according the package directions.

2. While pasta is cooking, brown ground turkey in medium skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.
Drain any excess fat and return it to skillet.

3. Add water and taco seasoning to cooked ground turkey. Simmer until the sauce thickens, stirring occassionally.

4. Place 1 portion of pasta (about 1 cup cooked pasta) onto a plate.  Top with 1 portion of ground beef
(also about 1 cup cooked)  Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp shredded low fat cheddar cheese.  Add 1 Tbsp fat free sour cream.

Enjoy!     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment